The Start of an Adventure!!

Starting something new is pretty frightening. I have never blogged before and really had no idea what it was. I thought that just posting things on the internet counted as blogging. After reading the articles this week for class and finding my own research I have learned that blogging is in its own world. I have also learned a lot about the distinction between social media and Web 2.0. Honestly I have never heard the term Web 2.0 before, but coming into this class and reading about what it was I have discovered that Web 2.0 is something that I am very familiar with. I have used different tools in Web 2.0 through social media. I have also used them in my profession as a teacher. Now that I know what Web 2.0 is I see it everywhere.

In this weeks discussion post in class I answered a question about the difference between networks and communities. This question really hit home when I started to think about how these two things were similar and different. I always thought that communities was a place where people lived and worked and did their daily business. However many people have online communities where they spend more time in communicating with people, shopping, and doing other daily activities. These were the basic thought I had before doing some research and reading. After researching for a while I read a great article in the Harvard Business Review about differences in communities and networks. (Article) I learned that although there are some big similarities in networks and communities they are very different. I would like to, during this class, do some more reading on how we can connect these two terms. This will, I believe, ensure that all people become "produsers" in the Web 2.0 world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going offline

What's in a hashtag?

Virtual History 360