1st week done

This post is to sum up what I have learned this week. This week in class we have discussed many introductory factors about web 2.0. This was a term that I had no clue about. To be honest I have never heard the term before. Now however, I can not look at my phone or the computer and not think about web 2.0. It is all around us. I think this week has opened my eyes to what the purpose of social media is. For the longest time I was a self-proclaimed lurker. I have a snap chat but never have sent a message. I have a twitter but seldom tweet. I do not even post of Facebook that much. After doing some digging on the web to get a clearer picture of what web 2.0 is I see that in order to get out of the habit of web 1.0/lurking, you have to produce content. I follow countless people on instagram, who are fellow teachers, and have learned tremendously from them. They give me inspiration on classroom design, topics to discuss, projects to try. I am not giving anything back however. I am going to make it my mission to become a produser and put out some content of my own to help extend the family of teachers on the web. I might not inspire the others the way some have inspired me but somebody could get something out of it. I think that this is what web 2.0 is. It is trying to bond people through content.

Comments

  1. Chris,

    This has been an interesting week. I am also learning more about Web 2.0 tools. I have had a Faceb ook account since college however, like you, I don't post as much. Sometimes I see the program as just a way to boast about accomplishments. I think this blog is an interesting way to get you thoughts out. I like the Anonymity e that it provides. Hopefully we can continue to grow in this class together.

    Relentless Nole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, another self proclaimed lurker similar to my significant other. My SO hasn't posted an Instagram photo since July 2016, but '"lurks" the platform almost every day! I think it comes down to being comfortable with the platform and willing to share details that may seem trivial to you but vital to others. Much like the Instagram teaching accounts you shared you follow, I'm sure they sometimes share stories that do not seem inspiring to them but may completely change your outlook/perspective!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Going offline

Virtual History 360

What's in a hashtag?