Classroom wikis

So a long, long time ago, while I was in college, we were tasked with creating a personal wiki so that we could share with potential employers. I honestly did not know what a wiki was or what purpose it served at the time since it was such a new tool on the web. Now looking back I think that a classroom wiki is a great way to create produsage in the classroom.
My idea for the class is to create a space where all students can share what they have learned about the course. I will go ahead and preload in the documents that we are going to cover over the course of the year and as we move along students can add in parts that they enjoyed and found interesting. I want to ultimately use this as a review site for upcoming assessments but this is something that students can collaborate on together. I really think that students will enjoy posting what they know the best and it would be a great way to share knowledge across the class. It is also something that I can control as the administrator and make sure that certain information is highlighted so they will be able to focus thier study.
I can also use this as a joint/student generated assessment because they will be the people I'm putting the information. What do you guys think? Is this something viable for the classroom? How can I make the idea better? Share any thoughts below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Virtual History 360

Going offline

What's in a hashtag?