Planboard

So this week as we are all working on our various assignments I found something that I plan on using and sharing in the future. This site is called Planboard. Planboard is an online planner. Now just for the record, I am the worst planner ever. Trust me you can ask my wife! However this site I found was so easy to use. I used it this week for our produsage assignment. The plan I had was going to take about a week for students to complete. So, instead of turning in 5 different lesson plans I did the, whole thing on Planboard. I was able to put them into an easy to use calander just like the ones my wife uses except, these are free and online. I could put the subject I wanted to teach, set up classes, and even schedule out the semester. I found it super easy to use. It also was helpful because you could look up standards. This is always time consuming for me, when I want to do something out of the textbook. So for this assignment it was perfect. If you have any interest in this helpful tool I would suggest looking it up. Even if you are not a teacher and just want to plan thing out it is really cool. I still have not figured out all of the things you can do on there so it is still a work in progress. I am going to share this via social media so you can see the link and you might find it helpful. The other thing about it because this is a Web 2.0 class is that you can share it. Now they do not have social media tools attached to the, but you can easily copy the link and send it out to all of your followers. I think I am going to do this this year for my students so they know what will be coming up in the classroom. I plan on starting my classroom twitter and sharing the links every week so students will be more aware of what to expect. This is also good of the parents to know too.

Send any questions my way if you want to try it. Also if you do share your experiences with this amazing site! Have a great weekend,

Comments

  1. Love this! I am looking for tools like this for the coming school year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I too will take at look at this too. My produsage assignment features Trello, a project management tool that I am using for performance support. It will be interesting to compare and contrast features.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Virtual History 360

Going offline

What's in a hashtag?